To attract foreign investment in India, Government is offering several facilities to Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Corporate Bodies (OCBs).
India is coming up has hot destination for investment with more then 25 % ROI in certain investments. More and more NRI’s are wishes to invest in India to get high return on their investment compare to their country of residence. Before investing one should know rules and relegations of government of India or it can be sour experience.
NRIs/PIOs/OCBs/ are permitted to open bank accounts in India out of funds remitted from abroad, foreign exchange brought in from abroad or out of funds legitimately due to them in India, with authorized dealer. There are several avenues where NRI can invest in India. It is very crucial to understand which one is right for NRIs/PIOs/ or OCBs/.
Some investment require prior approval from RBI various some has automatic route and require no prior permission from government or RBI. Also it’s wise to confirm repatriation regulations set by RBI for particular investment before investing.
Here below are some avenues of investment in India for NRI’s:
- Investment in property by NRI
- Purchase of Shares Of Public Sector Enterprises (By NRIs/PIOs/OCBs)
- Investment in Domestic Mutual Funds
- Investment in Bonds Issued By Public Sector Undertakings
- Deposits with Companies (For A Minimum Period Of Three Years)
- Investment in Government Securities/Shares
- Investment in Non Convertible Debentures
To know in detail about investment opportunities listed above please click on relevant link on left menu. Or you can write your query contact us